Health and Safety Information
Updated on March 1st, 2023
Like most countries in the world, Morocco has abolished its policy related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
While the Kingdom has imposed one of the most severe health policy, reaching into the most remote villages to vaccinate its population, today life is back to normal, almost as before.
COMING TO MOROCCO
On February 28th 2023, by lifting the Heath and Safety form that was still in use, Morocco has lifted the last requierement linked to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
All health and safety requierements linked to Covid-19 have now been lifted.
Since the month of July 2021, Riad Mayfez has been granted the Welcome Safely Health Label by the Moroccan Ministry of Tourism, a great reward for our health & safety commitment, that we made, from the very beginning of the pandemic.
WHAT HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES ARE BEING TAKEN BY MAYFEZ?
- Due to its size and internal policy Riad Mayfez is an establishment where social distancing is done naturally :
- Riad Mayfez is a large property with only 7 suites. Long before Covid, many of our guests already thought they were alone, even though the riad was fully booked. Also, the Riad is closed to non-residents of the hotel.
- Most rooms enjoy an independent access path.
- Our guests will therefore have no problem to take their meal isolated and will be welcome to enjoy the restaurant and the bar with far more than 1 meter social distancing.
- We have never had a buffet breakfast, for obvious sanitary reasons, and we will continue to serve breakfast at the table or in room.
- Room service in room or on the private terraces of the suites remain a possibility, today as yesterday, and for all meals.
- Hydro-alcoholic gel dispensers are available at in all public areas.
- Masks and individuel gel dispensers are available on request.
HOW IS THE CLEANING OF PUBLIC SPACES CARRIED OUT?
- We have always taken special care of the cleanliness and maintenance of our rooms and lounges .
- For the maintenance of our rooms, we use effective and non-toxic products: white vinegar, black soap, baking soda. Alcohol has now been added to our usual cleaning material.
We remind you that Riad Mayfez is a small Riad that is not open to non-residents of the hotel and that, therefore, there is only a very limited human traffic in the property.
WHAT ABOUT THE ROOM CLEANING PROCEDURE ?
- Marble and wooden floorings are cleaned with hot water and black soap, a well-known natural sanitizer.
- Each room is cleaned with microfiber cloths (one colour for each surface type). They are changed for each room and washed at 60°C.
- Bed linen is washed and boiled at a professional laundry.
- The protective cushions covers are changed after each stay.
CAN I CHANGE MY BOOKING ?
The pandemic has permanently changed travellers expectations in terms of booking and we have adapted our conditions.
All reservations at Riad Mayfez are flexible and changeable until 24:00 before arrival.
You can change your booking directly online or by contacting us.
We would highly appreciate that you let us know about your change of plan, as soon as possible.
CAN I CANCEL MY BOOKING ?
Yes, you can cancel your booking.
For all bookings made directly through Riad Mayfez, you can cancel your booking up to 24 hours before arrival.
In case you would like to cancel a booking made with an intermediary such as a travel agency or an online booking site, please contact them directly.
For more information, please contact Mrs Dominique Laraqui – Owner of Riad Mayfez Suites & Spa.