Updated on November 28th, 2021
ALL FLIGHTS TO AND FROM MOROCCO ARE CANCELLED FROM 29/11/21 MIDNIGHT FOR UP TO 2 WEEKS.
Morocco is not immune to the COVID-19 pandemic. Today 70% of the Moroccan population is vaccinated and a vaccination pass is mandatory since 21st October 2021. However, the emergence of the Delta variant in recent days has caused panic and uncertainty.
Morocco has cancelled all flights, from and to, Great Britain, Germany and the Netherlands in October 2021. Connections with France have also been suspended since 25 November 2021.
GETTING TO MOROCCO
Riad Mayfez follows the recommendations of the WHO, the Moroccan government, and the WTTC. Since the month of July 2021, we have been granted the Welcome Safely Health Label by the Moroccan Ministry of Tourism, a great reward for our health commitment, that we made, from the first weeks of the pandemic. Relax. We are here to enlighten you on what awaits you throughout your travel arrangements and your arrival in Morocco.
Morocco has established two lists of countries: List A and List B. The lists are subject to change every two weeks. Below we inform you about the general conditions of access of the two lists. Please contact us for further information, should you wish to check on which list your country of origin is standing.
- Residents of List A countries: Vaccination pass only.
- Residents of List B countries; Vaccination Pass + Negative PCR of less than 48 hours
- Passengers under the age of 12 are exempt from this requirement.
- Downloadable contact tracing form.
ARRIVAL IN MOROCCO
- Vaccination pass and Negative PCR test of less than 48 hours, if necessary.
- Random quick test upon arrival at the airport in Morocco (since November 13, 2021).
- Contact tracing form thoroughly completed
STAY IN MOROCCO
- No curfew currently
- Face mask are mandatory indoor and outdoors, although not complied with in facts outdoors.
- Since October 21st 2021, a vaccination pass is mandatory at the entrance of hotels, shops, restaurants, museums and administration.
DEPARTURE FROM MOROCCO
Passengers travelling out of the country are required to abide by the particular travel, health and COVID-19 related requirements of the destination country. Please familiarize yourself with your home country’s policies before your return. You may be required to isolate for a period of time and/or complete a COVID-19 test prior to departure from Morocco, or upon arrival.
DO ALL RIAD INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATE NORMALLY ?
Given the drastic decline in our occupancy rate and the safety measures imposed, we unfortunately have had to adapt our offer and services.
- On the one hand, for food safety reasons, we no longer serve “à la carte”, so as not to have to store food. We give maximum priority to fresh ingredients, therefore we require that you inform us, in advance, about your meal choice.
- On the other hand, we are very sorry, we had to stop heating the pool. However, the water temperature is very pleasant during the summer and pre-autumnal season.
- Finally, until further notice, for sanitary reasons, the Jacuzzi is no longer in use.
The remaining services are functioning normally.
For bookings of the whole Riad, for a minimum stay of 3 nights, the pool heating will be switched on, for the duration of your stay, and so the jacuzzi.
We hope to be back to normal as soon as possible
WHAT MEASURES ARE BEING TAKEN BY MAYFEZ TO PROTECT ME AGAINST COVID ?
- Due to its size and internal policy Riad Mayfez is an establishment where social distancing is done naturally :
- Riad Mayfez is a large property with only 5 suites. Long before Covid, many of our guests already thought they were alone, even though the riad was fully booked.
- Also, the Riad is completely closed to non-residents of the hotel.
- All rooms enjoy an independent path, so without contact with other guests.
- Our guests will therefore have no problem to take their meal isolated and will be welcome to enjoy the restaurant and the bar with far more than 1 meter social distancing.
- We have never had a buffet breakfast, for obvious sanitary reasons. In fact, we have never understood the craze for this kind of breakfast. So we will as always continue to serve breakfast at the table or in room.
- Guests will be in contact with little service staff during their stay as we are a team of 9 people only.
- Guest room will be cleaned by the same housekeeper throughout their stay.
Luggage are sanitized at arrival before and after handling.
- Room service in room or on the private terraces of the suites remain a possibility, today as yesterday, and for all meals.
- Hydro-alcoholic gel dispensers are available in all suites, reception, bar, restaurant and billiard room and Spa
- Sanitizing carpets are in use at reception and at the back-door of the riad.
WHAT HEALTH MEASURES DO YOU PLAN FOR YOUR STAFF ?
Our staff must now submit to even more drastic safety measures. They already had to shower before putting on their uniforms, they now, also, have to control their temperature twice a day, mornings and afternoons, for their safety and the safety of our guests.
Our staff is required to wash thouroughly their hands several times a day.
Wearing a mask is compulsory for all staff.
The same hygiene rules apply to our suppliers and any trade entering the establishment.
HOW IS THE CLEANING OF PUBLIC SPACES CARRIED OUT?
- We have always taken special care of the cleanliness and maintenance of our rooms and lounges and we have, now, also increased our hygiene procedure.
- For the maintenance of our rooms, we use effective and non-toxic products: white vinegar, black soap, baking soda. Now we have also added alcohol and Dettol to our cleaning material.
Public areas are cleaned twice a day and switches, door handles and elevator buttons are sanitized with alcohol 3 times a day.
- The toilets are also disinfected several times a day.
We remind you that Riad Mayfez is a small Riad that is not open to non-residents of the hotel and that, therefore, there is only a very limited human traffic in the property.
WHAT ABOUT THE ROOM CLEANING PROCEDURE ?
- Marble and wooden floorings are cleaned with hot water and black soap, a well-know natural sanitizer.
- Each room is cleaned with microfiber cloths (one colour for each surface type). They are changed for each room and washed in the washing at 60°C.
- Bed linen is washed and boiled at a professional laundry.
- Our housemaids wear masks, gloves and shoe protection during all cleaning actions. These accessories are changed for each room.
- Rooms will remain empty 48 hours between check out and check in.
Check our detailed protocol (lien vers le PDF du protocole sanitaire en anglais)
CAN I CHANGE MY BOOKING ?
Yes. Let us know if your plans change.
We remain committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances, we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to offer you convenience and peace of mind.
While travel restrictions remain in place, we will continue to waive change fees. If you need to adjust a reservation made through the website, please contact Mrs Dominique Laraqui – Owner of Riad Mayfez Suites & Spa.
CAN I CANCEL MY BOOKING ?
Yes, you can cancel your booking. For existing bookings affected by new restrictions (i.e. the restrictions were not in place when you made your booking) imposed by authorities, either in your country of origin, transit country or Morocco, we will waive any cancellation fees.
In case you would like to cancel or change a booking made with an intermediary such as a travel agency or an online booking site, please contact them directly.